this is granted to foreign nationals above the age of 4 years enrolled in a learning institution in Uganda. This can be for 3 months, 6 months & 12 months.
Where to apply: the visas are available online through the Immigration portal.
- Valid Student ID Card
- Passport Copy (Bio Data Page) with at least 6 months’ validity
- Recent Passport-size Photograph
- Support Letter from School
- Admission letter from school
- Proof of payment of fees
- Current immigration status (visa or previous pass)
- Where the child is below 18 years, immigration status and identification of the parent/guardian
USD 100 and this is payable at the point of application. This is a standard fee for any period that has been granted. East African nationals are exempted from this fee.
Steps for Application
- Step 1: Log into the Immigration Portal and select start new application
- Step 2: Accept the terms and conditions displayed in the Disclaimer.
- Step 3: Select the visa or permit type, category and sub category
- Step 4: Complete the application form
- Step 5: Upload the required documents; a six-digit application ID eg. (234790123) is automatically generated as the reference number
- Step 6: Make payment for applications that require prepayment.
- Step 7: Upon approval, for application that don’t require top up payment, an approval letter will be generated and emailed to the applicant on the home page
- Step 8: Upon approval, make a top up payment for applications that require a top up payment. After payment an approval letter is generated and emailed to the client
- Step 9: Report to the immigration office/ border for biometric capture with all documents uploaded, payment receipts, approval letter and passport