The diplomatic passport is issued to the following people:-
- The President and Members of the First Family
- The Speaker and Deputy Speaker of Parliament
- The Chief Justice
- Government Ministers and their spouses
- The Head Public Service
- The Governor and Deputy Governor of the Bank of Uganda
- Chancellors and Vice Chancellors of State Universities
- Judges of the Supreme Court, Court of Appeal and the High Court
- Permanent Secretaries
- Chairpersons and Vice Chairpersons of Permanent Commissions and
- Recognized Traditional or Cultural Leaders
- Foreign Service Officers and their spouses plus their children below the age of 18 staying with them abroad.
Steps for Application
- Step 1: Go to the Passport Portal
- Step 2: Accept the terms and conditions displayed in the Disclaimer.
- Step 3: Answer simple security questions
- Step 4: Complete the passport application form
- Step 5: Print Passport Application Payment Advice Form.
- Step 6: Make payment for the selected type of passport using the selected payment method in the selected bank.
- Step 7: Schedule appointment for a date of your convenience using the scheduled appointment link on the home page.
- Step 8: Print Passport Application Appointment Form.
- Step 9: Report to the selected passport Centre with the passport appointment form with the appropriate application requirements displayed on the website, for enrollment.
- National ID or NIN (for children)
- Recommendation Letter from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (Uganda)
- Any other documents might be required during the processing
- Diplomatic Passports cost 500,000 UGX.