A passport serves as a travel document issued to Ugandan citizens for the purpose of traveling abroad. Applications are done online through the DCIC Passport Portal.
Required Documents - Ordinary:
- National ID or National Identification Number
- Recommendation Letter and Recommender National ID
- Documents supporting your profession (if applicable)
Required Documents - Minors:
- Birth Certificate
- Parents NID
- Parents Passports
- Letter of consent from either Parent
- If child is adopted, attach adoption order from High Court of Uganda
Steps for Application
- Step 1: Go to the Passport Portal
- Step 2: Accept the terms and conditions displayed in the Disclaimer.
- Step 3: Answer simple security questions
- Step 4: Complete the passport application form
- Step 5: Print Passport Application Payment Advice Form.
- Step 6: Make payment for the selected type of passport using the selected payment method in the selected bank.
- Step 7: Schedule appointment for a date of your convenience using the scheduled appointment link on the home page.
- Step 8: Print Passport Application Appointment Form.
- Step 9: Report to the selected passport Centre with the passport appointment form with the appropriate application requirements displayed on the website, for enrollment.
- Ordinary Passports cost 250,000 UGX.
- Express Processing Fee an extra 150,000 UGX paid separately in a bank.