A citizenship of Uganda of full age and capacity who acquires citizenship of a foreign country and is required by law in that country to renounce citizenship of Uganda. He/she is required to make the declaration, and upon board's approval, he/she will cease to be a citizen of Uganda.
Steps for Application
- All Citizenship applications are submitted online at the e-Immigration Portal
- Proof of profession/occupation
- Covering/application letter from the Applicant (addressed to Secretary National Citizenship and Immigration Board)
- Letter from current country requesting for the renunciation.
- Recommendation letter and National Identity card of recommender (Ugandan by birth of substantial standing)
- Copy of the other country's current passport bio data page/proof of acquisition of other citizenship
- Recent Passport size photograph
- Medical report of sanity from a certified Doctor
- Recommendation letter from Uganda Embassy/Mission in your country of residence
- Birth certificate
- Proof of Ugandan Citizenship (copy of Ugandan passport/Parents' passport/National ID)
- Statutory Declaration
- Application fee upon approval UGX 100,000