East African Tourist Visa
This is a Joint Tourist Visa and it allows the traveler to travel to Uganda, Kenya and Rwanda ONLY. It can be used multiple times for tourism purposes. The visa prohibits employment and is issued only for tourism purposes. The visa is valid for 90 days and is not renewable upon expiry or upon exit from the block (Kenya, Uganda, Rwanda).
NB: The issuing country should be your first entry point
Where to apply: the visas are available online through the Immigration portal
- Copy of the passport (Bio-data page) with at least 6 months validity
- Copy of recent Passport size Photograph
- Vaccination Certificate (Yellow fever)
- Return Ticket
- Travel Itinerary
The Fee payable is USD 100.
- Visa Fees are non-refundable and all payments are subject to a bank charge.
- Language; all documents attached should be in English.
- Any other documents may be required during processing
This is granted for 3 months from the date of issue and not extendable within the country.
- Step 1: Log into the Immigration Portal and select start new application
- Step 2: Accept the terms and conditions displayed in the Disclaimer.
- Step 3: Select the visa or permit type, category and sub category
- Step 4: Complete the application form
- Step 5: Upload the required documents; a six-digit application ID eg. (234790123) is automatically generated as the reference number
- Step 6: Make payment for applications that require prepayment.
- Step 7: Upon approval, for application that don’t require top up payment, an approval letter will be generated and emailed to the applicant on the home page
- Step 8: Upon approval, make a top up payment for applications that require a top up payment. After payment an approval letter is generated and emailed to the client
- Step 9: Report to the immigration office/ border for biometric capture with all documents uploaded, payment receipts, approval letter and passport