- ABOUT US
- Our Services
- Legal Center
- Contact Us
Uganda Travel Document
Uganda travel document may only be held by Uganda citizens. Uganda passports are processed and issued only by the Government of Uganda through the Directorate of Citizenship and Immigration Control. The main Passport is situated at the Ministry of Internal Affairs Plot 75, Jinja Road;
Passport applications may also be processed through the Immigration regional offices.
REQUIREMENTS AND PROCEDURE FOR NEW PASSPORT
1. Duly endorsed forms A and B
2. Covering letter from Employer / School / Parents / Guardian or person well known to applicant. The covering letter should be addressed to the Passport Control Officer; Ministry of Internal Affairs; Kampala
3. Copy and original applicant's identification documents e.g Voters card, birth certificates, school certificate, residential ID, baptism card, employer's card.
4. 4 coloured passport size photos taken against a white background.
5. Recommendation from citizen of good repute
6. Proof of profession
7. Any other information as may from time to timebe required by the Passport Control Office.
PASSPORT APPLICATION PROCEDURE
Application should obtain Forms A and B and any other information from the nearest Immigration Office
The forms should be taken personally by the applicant for endorsement by Area Local Council 1,2,3 RDC and DISO
After endorsement above, applicant should present passport application forms and supportive documents to cash office for assessment and Bank payment Advise forms.
Applicant may also download the bank payment Advise form from URA web portal http:/ura.go.ug
Go to any prescribed bank and pay only Uganda shillings 122,000/= for your passport. You will be issued with a bank return which you will present to the Immigration cash office for verification.
Attach your verified bank return onto your passport application documents and present them to the person receiving officer at the Passport Receiving Section or your nearest Immigration Office.
Avoid Middlemen or Kayungirizi. Middlemen will be prosecuted and applications resulting from such transactions disqualified / impounded by the Passport Control Officer.
Minors should appear with parents / guardians.
Collect your passport in person after ten working days. You will be required to present your identification at the time of collecting your passport.
DO NOT PAY BRIBES. OFFENDERS SHALL BE PROSECUTED
REQUIREMENTS FOR RENEWAL OF UGANDA PASSPORT
1. Provide Covering letter addressed to the Passport Control Officer.
2. Attach Forms A and B dully filled. Applicant may omit Local councilcendorsements except where specifically required by the Passport Control Officer.
3. Attach 3 coloured passport size photos taken against a white background.
4. Recommender on form A should be of good repute.
5. Present the expired passport for which renewal is sought.
6. Attach Copy of Identification documents.
7. In the event of change of names due to new marital status or profession attach proof of the same.
REQUIREMENTS FOR LOST PASSPORT
1. Present dully the completed form A and B. LC endorsements may be omitted except where specifically required by the Passport Control Officer.
2. Applicant should attach own and detailed written explanation addressed to the Passport Control Officer explaining circumstances under which loss of passport occured.
3. Complete Questionnaire form.
4.Complete Affidavit in lieu of lost passport.
5. Attach Police report confirming loss of pasport.
6. Attach 3 coloured passport size photos taken against a white background.
7. Attach Copy of Identification documents.
8. Where copy of lost passport is available please attach the same
9. Obtain bank payment advise forms for fine of Uganda shillings 100,000 only, in addition to Uganda shillings 120,000 for anew passport.
10. Pay above fees in prescribed bank and obtain bank return.
11. Attach bank return to application and support documents and present same to Passport Receiving Office.
12. Obtain your new passport after ten working days.
REQUIREMENTS FOR REPLACEMENT OF DAMAGED OR MUTILATED PASSPORT
1. Applicant should present to Passport Control Officer, written explanation for circumstances under which passport was damaged / mutilated.
2. Obtain and fill Form A and B, LC endorsement may be omitted except where specifically required by the Passport Controller.
3. Attach 3 colored passport size photos taken against a white background.
4. Attach Copy of Identification documents.
5. Present damaged passport.
6. Obtain bank payment advise forms and pay fine to prescribed bank for the sum of Uganda shillings 100,000 in addition to Uganda shillings 120,000 for a new passport.
7. Obtain your passport after ten working days.
REQUIREMENTS FOR CERTIFICATION OF UGANDA PASSPORT
1. Present 4 scanned copies of bio-dataof passport to be certified.
2. Attach Original passport for which certification is sought.
3. Attach written request for certification addressed to the Paasport Conrol Officer.
4. Attach 2 passport size photos.
5. Obtain bank payments forms for certification fees.
6. Pay fees to the prescribed bank.
7. Attach bank return to application for certification.
8. Present application for certification to Passport Supervisor in Room 10.
9. Pick certified copies within two working days.
REQUIREMENTS FOR CHANGE OF NAMES OR OTHER PARTICULARS
1. Present written explanation for change of names addressed to the Passport Control Officer.
2. Attach Supportive documents i.e deed poll, marriage, certificate etc
3. Complete and attach Forms A and B, LCs endorsement may be omitted except where specifically required by the Passport Control Officer.
4. Attach 3 colored passport size photos taken against a white background.
5. Attach copy of Identification documents.
PASSPORT APPLICATION FOR MINORS
1. Obtain and fill Form A and B including LC endorsement.
2. Attach written consent letter from parents addressed to the Passport Control Officer.
3. If child is adopted, attach adoption order from High Court of Uganda.
4. Attach copy of child's birth certificate.
5. Attach copy of parent's passport or Identification documents.
6. Attach 4 colored passport size photos taken against a white background.
7. Obtain bank payment advise forms from cash office and pay Uganda shillings 122,000 in prescribed bank.
8. Present bank return and application to receiving section.
9. Pick minor's passport after ten working days.
PASSPORT APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS FOR STUDENTS
1. Obtain and fill Form A and B including LC endorsement from area of residence or locality of study.
2. Attach Covering letter addressed to the Passport Control Officer from institution of learning.
3. Attach copy of school Identification.
4. Attach 4 colored passport size photos taken against a white background.
5. Recommender on form A should be either head, or lecturer or administrator in istitution of learning.
Temporary Movement Permits (TMP)
Temporary Movement Permits
are recognized travel documents intended to ease the cross border movement of
border communities. TMPs may be obtained at all ports of Entry and Exit in
Requirements for TMPS.
from Local Council 1
passport size photographs taken against white back ground
of valid Identification documents
a fee of 5,000/=Uganda shillings
Certificates of identity
Certificates of identity are issued to Ugandans and non
Ugandans who cannot readily access Travel documents in emergency situations.
Requirements for emergency travel documents
- Fill forms A and B
- Attach 2 passport size photos
- Attach covering letter from Area Lc 1
- In the case of applications by non
nationals, applicant should justify why he/she doesnÔÇÖt have or canÔÇÖt obtain
your national travel document
- Pay 30,000/Uganda shillings